Hello ,
Can anyone give me an efficient way to do Rect/Polygon filling as below/Attachment .

![Patterns.png](/attachments/small/3/13ab1a68a958648cc9313476241adfb2.png "align-left")  ![Patterns.png](/attachments/large/3/13ab1a68a958648cc9313476241adfb2.png "align-center") 

as of now I'm drawing lines & single pixel rectangles to do this and my application has slowed down
so I'm looking for an alternative .

This is an extension to my earlier discussion , now I cant use texture paint due to offset issues !
https://www.daniweb.com/software-development/java/threads/497457/fillpolygon-code-from-graphics

• Nataraja G

Edited 1 Year Ago by nataraja833

Attachments Patterns.png 14.35 KB Patterns.png 14.35 KB

What offset issues? You are unlikely to find anything faster than the standard API method, so the best approach is to work with it. Have you tried creating a transparent BufferedImage for the fill as I explained in your other post?

Hi James ,

"Have you tried creating a transparent BufferedImage "
not yet due to below reason , I've kept this on hold .

"What offset issues?"

Actually I've multiple objects ( different color ) overlapping on each other and I've a requirement that whereever this happens visually they have to be similar

If I use texturePaint , lets say 45degree line on 8x8 pixel
this will always start from 8th pixel
case1 - if the overlapped object is offseted by 1-2 pixels there will two different lines
case2 - if the overlapped object's offset is 8 pixels , lines of these two objects will merge and resulting effect is different

I can dynamically create TexturePaints so that everytime overlayed area will be like case2 but I don't think it is efficient as I've more than 10million rectangles & polygons to be drawn on JPanel .

I need these 45degree lines to be consistant no matter what the offset of object is , for this to happen I've assumed top left corner as orgin and calculated initial offset for these objects ( like first intersection point of family of lines )

I'm develiping a EDA tool for ChipDesigning all these objects are interconnects and Gates on Silicon .

• Nataraja G
This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.