I want a C++ program that when build up in TURBO C++ then it will produce an output, which shows file system on my computer being used.
I am beginner and dont know how to write this program.
please help me.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Cheat. Shell out and try wmic logicaldisk where Caption="C:" get caption, VolumeName, VolumeSerialNumber, Size, FileSystem, FreeSpace

That's the command line and you could call wmic from your app and redirect it to some file you read later.

Just tried it.
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\System32>wmic logicaldisk where Caption="C:" get caption, VolumeName, VolumeSerialNumber, Size, FileSystem, FreeSpace

Caption FileSystem FreeSpace Size VolumeName VolumeSerialNumber

C: NTFS 221112107008 471365758976 Windows8_OS 17A2E82F

Alright, thats very nice work, but i am beginner and i need a detailed answer, like if i am coding in TURBO C++, what i need to write in console i need to know.
If u can help then add reply here..
Thanks

I'd check out this prior DaniWeb posting to see how to use the system function in Turbo C++.

https://www.daniweb.com/software-development/c/threads/379976/how-to-use-system-in-c

Your reply reads to me that you want me to write your code. Sorry but that's what you do. I only share how I might cheat with a system call to redirect that to a file then read the file later. You are the programmer. You write the code.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.