Hi, I've recently been assigned a task in a new job where I have to compare XML paths against Acord XML paths to find out what the ancestor path is. I've never done anything like this before and just want to check that I am doing it correctly because i've asked many of times for someone to show me how to do it so don't want to ask them again. An example I was giving was:

compared against 

equals in the ancestor path for both being parent.

Another example I was shown, is:

compared against 

WorkCompLineBusiness.WorkCompRateState.CreditOrSurcharge[CreditSurchargeCd = "RTWRK"].NumericValue.FormatCurrencyAmt.Amt

resulted in the top one being parent and the second one being:
WorkCompLineBusiness.WorkCompRateState.CreditOrSurcharge[CreditSurchargeCd = "RTWRK"]

So i think I understand how they are done but now I am hitting ones like:

compared with 

WorkCompLineBusiness.WorkCompRateState.CommlCoverage[CoverageCd = "WVSUB" && CoverageDesc = "Second Waiver"].CurrentTermAmt.Amt

The way I'm looking at this is that CommlCoverage[...] in the second one doesn't map to anything in the first, is this correct? If not, what would the ancestor paths be for both?

Sorry if this is a really silly question, I'm only used to coding in .net and C# so have never done anything like this before.

Thanks in advance.

This is not silly question, in fact its quite challenging one......
First - its not path but PATCH......
Second - why not to use one of many comparators online? Its quicker. Just not to look too long: http://prettydiff.com/
There is source code hosted on GH, so maybe its good starting point for you to catch an idea how its built.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.