Hi all expert,

Need help here.

RS.Open "Select * From TABLE where Box_ID = '" & BOXID & "' Order By CASE_NO ASC", con1, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

Set DataReport.DataSource = RS
DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text1").DataField = RS("BOX_ID").Name
DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = RS("LOT_ID").Name

In my program i am able to printout the data field. But how can i convert RS("LOT_ID).Name to barcode?

Eg.

BOX1001 100001
BOX1002 100002

I want to printout the LOT_ID as barcode instead of text. i had tried to change the font to barcode 39 font but the barcode printout is not readable by scanner.

DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = "*" & RS("LOT_ID").Name & "*"

I had tried as well to put the start and end character for the LOT_ID data field, but with this, there are nothing to printout.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi, anyone can help?

Not really. Let's say the barcode is printing (you didn't tell?) One system I had out there started to falter. OK, it worked fine with my Symbolics scanner so a look see found a cheap MIC scanner. I increased the font 2 steps up and the MIC scanner finally worked. To be sure it would keep working I nudged it up 2 more steps. It's been working for about a decade now.

Hi rproffitt, thank you for your reply.

DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = "*" & RS("LOT_ID").Name & "*"

I had tried as well to put the start and end character for the LOT_ID data field, but with this, there are nothing printout.

Any idea?

DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = RS("LOT_ID").Name

if i take out the start and end character for the LOT_ID field. i can printout the barcode but it cannot be read by my scanner. Even i tried to bigger the height and width of the barcode.

Back to font issues perhaps? My first font print test was from Word. I set the font to the barcode one we were going to use then printed that from Word. That working I moved to my app.

Hi, i had got the solution. i wider the length and height of the text box, then the barcode is able to read now. thank you for rproffitt for giving idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.