Hi all expert,

Need help here.

RS.Open "Select * From TABLE where Box_ID = '" & BOXID & "' Order By CASE_NO ASC", con1, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic

Set DataReport.DataSource = RS
DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text1").DataField = RS("BOX_ID").Name
DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = RS("LOT_ID").Name

In my program i am able to printout the data field. But how can i convert RS("LOT_ID).Name to barcode?

Eg.

BOX1001 100001
BOX1002 100002

I want to printout the LOT_ID as barcode instead of text. i had tried to change the font to barcode 39 font but the barcode printout is not readable by scanner.

DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = "*" & RS("LOT_ID").Name & "*"

I had tried as well to put the start and end character for the LOT_ID data field, but with this, there are nothing to printout.

Not really. Let's say the barcode is printing (you didn't tell?) One system I had out there started to falter. OK, it worked fine with my Symbolics scanner so a look see found a cheap MIC scanner. I increased the font 2 steps up and the MIC scanner finally worked. To be sure it would keep working I nudged it up 2 more steps. It's been working for about a decade now.

Hi rproffitt, thank you for your reply.

DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = "*" & RS("LOT_ID").Name & "*"

I had tried as well to put the start and end character for the LOT_ID data field, but with this, there are nothing printout.

Any idea?

DataReport.Sections("section1").Controls.Item("Text2").DataField = RS("LOT_ID").Name

if i take out the start and end character for the LOT_ID field. i can printout the barcode but it cannot be read by my scanner. Even i tried to bigger the height and width of the barcode.

Back to font issues perhaps? My first font print test was from Word. I set the font to the barcode one we were going to use then printed that from Word. That working I moved to my app.

Hi, i had got the solution. i wider the length and height of the text box, then the barcode is able to read now. thank you for rproffitt for giving idea.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.