JohnMcPherson 12 Junior Poster in Training

Hello, I am having a problem with a C cursor screen that I am developing. The screen compiles without a problem, but when I try to run the screen, it does not come up, and no error message is shown on the screen. Also, there is no file created with any runtime messages, so I do not know what error is occuring. How do I do the xcc compile so that a runtime debug file is created, and I can see error messages? I already get compile errors and warnings when I do the compile( with the -g option), so that is not the issue. Alternatively, is the a debugger available that understands the xcc screens? I have the dbx debugger for my regular C code, but it is not compatible with the xcc-built code. I do the xcc compiles by starting the following script from the command line:

! /bin/ksh
/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc -g -ftrap=invalid $1.c -L/usr/ccs/lib -lcurses -o $1

/opt/sunstudio12.1/bin/cc -Wall -g -ftrap=invalid $1.c -L/usr/ccs/lib -lcurses -o $1

You do the compile with this script by entering the following at the command line:

xcc solvsurchg

As you can see in the script, the .c extension is added for you, so you do not type it on the line to do the compile. This script is run in the bash shell, on a Sun Sparc workstation. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.