Am a master of engineering student i need to use LTE-SIM soft ware for my dessertstion ,please how can i go about it,thanks

AssertNull commented: Words fail me. -1

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Seriously? You're doing a dissertation for a Master's degree and you don't know how to use Google search?

Go away and do some work yourself. If/when you get stuck you can come back here with your specific problem and people will try to help you, but nobody is going to do simple research for you.

Seriously? You're doing a dissertation for a Master's degree and you don't know how to spell "dissertation"? Or capitalize "I". Or end a sentence with a period. Also, "software" is one word. What college did you get your Bachelor's Degree from again?

Go away and do some work yourself.

Indeed, go away.

If/when you get stuck you can come back here with your specific problem and people will try to help you

Disagree. Stay gone. At the Master's Degree level, your first post is "One strike and you're out" bad. There's no chance of redemption. It's that bad. Luckily for you there are other forums. I am downvoting you with comment so any future potential helpers will see the negative rep and see this thread. The internet is forever. That is a good thing here.

nobody is going to do simple research for you.

Actually, I did the simple research of looking up the spelling of "dissertation". I was pretty darned sure you spelled it right, James, but I didn't want to be a smartass and make fun of the OP for misspelling it, then misspell it myself.

That's a lesson here, OP. A Master's candidate simply does not post as you do. If it isn't actually against the law, it should be. You were supposed to have been weeded out long before you got this far. In the era of spellcheck, this posting is inexcusable for a 16-year-old high school sophomore, much less a grown man seeking a Master's Degree. We have in common that neither of us apparently have the slightest clue what LTE-SIM software is. The difference between you and me is that if I was a Master's candidate working on that for my dissertation, I would at least either not ADMIT that I was a Master's candidate or I would google "LTE-SIM" before posting, if not out of respect for myself, then out of respect for my Bachelor's Degree Alma Mater.

Not that I feel strongly about this...

There is another reason a post like this appears. It's simply a shill setting up for someone to hawk a solution. These shills or stooges are all too common today.

And then we have folk that somehow got to their final years and never learned basic search skills. They are rare, so rare that this post is just what the above wrote or just another shill/stooge posting.

-> What should you do? If this was a setup for a hawker/spammer then you've been found out. If this is you being geniune I'd ask for this entire post be removed so not to taint your future.

There is another reason a post like this appears. It's simply a shill setting up for someone to hawk a solution.

I'm intrigued. I like to think that I'm fairly good as spotting shills/scams/setups, but this one evades me. How might this one go? I get it if it was a "I need to find some good LTE-SIM software" post, followed by some helpful post by another first-time poster with the same IP address saying, "I've heard good things about ACME LTE-SIM Software", but why would a shill pretend to be a Master's student looking for help and purposefully put in a bunch of grammatical errors and lack of effort in the initial post? I would imagine the setup shill would want to pose as a professional in order to be taken seriously.

I tossed that out there since it's been one of the shill/hawker ploys. It's akin to the "Distraction display" but what this method is called eludes me.

The ploy is to try to elicit pity and then some (hawker) will follow up with the answer.

I'm not writing this is the OP but it's one of the plays I've seen before.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.