Hey been practicing coding using Python 3 tutorial,my question is how to put what learn into a project,or should I say how or what information is their to get this mindset

Contributors
Replies
Views
1 Month
Discussion Span
Last Post by pty

Select a subject that is of interest to you and then decide how your coding can improve or alter it to your desires.

This is a good question and there are thousands of potential answers, but here's what I'd suggest. Of course this depends on your interests and what you've learned so far.

Start with a problem. It doesn't have to be complicated or wide-ranging and can be as contrived as you like. Say, you have a shelf full of books (don't type them in, just use an existing list!):

• Which has the longest title?
  • Which was published first?
  • What is the average number of pages (mean, median, mode)?
  • Which language is most popular?

These are all individual problems but you'll also need to 'share' some functionality (namely the loading/parsing of the data). All should be quite straightforward but some moreso than others.

Then add a touch of complexity:

• Which is the longest book written before 0CE?
  • For each century, which is the most frequently-occuring author in the list?

If you get stuck on any, post back here, someone is likely to help (these are fun tasks!)

Edited by pty

Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.