Hey I am not that well versed in C++ and just recently switched my microsoft visual program from 6.0 to the 2005 version (computer switch.) I saved all my programs and converted them over to the new program however it keeps saying

LINK : warning LNK4076: invalid incremental status file '.\Debug/1205.ilk'; linking nonincrementally
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'odbc32.lib'

when I try to build my codes. Does anyone know how this could be fixed? thanks a bunch.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you have the Express edition of that compiler you will also have to download the Windows Platform SDK because the compiler is pretty minimal. It says its for M$ Windows 2000 Server but it works that that compiler and XP too. I think there is a link to it in the same place as the link to download the compiler.

Alright I did that, and the good new is that it was also neccesary to do that...(and I no longer have any actual code errors) however it still gives me the same message (
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'odbc32.lib')
when I start to build. Could anything else cause this?

you must set the environment paths (Step #3) as explained here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.