What's the best cloud accounting software for small businesses that handle multiple sales tax rates? Or is there an affordable web-based small business accounting software?

Acobloom commented: You can choose quickbooks, IRIS, taxcalc, Xero in cloud accounting softwares. +0
brandon_36 commented: Cloud accounting software tailored for small businesses, offering seamless management of multiple sales tax rates. +0

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

First there is no such software since you will find variations across the world. Canada's tax system means you can't use almost any accounting software from the USA.

Searching for such is country specific and what your company's CFO and others research and select. You'll discover that what you may call as best may be dismissed by your C suite staff.

QuickBooks is the best, and arguably most popular, accounting software for small businesses. It’s available in 150 countries so far.

commented: It's good stuff yet can be limited in scale. +15

rproffitt, how so? I've used it for nearly 2 decades to handle all accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, insertion orders, and taxes.

commented: I worked with developers for Star Accounting. Corporate scale accounting package from long ago. +0

For OP and Dani. Long ago I worked with developers on a very big accounting system that was not cloud based but it was at the time one of the big systems out there. I like Dani's answer for an accounting app that will likely work for most small companies without issue. But then again as I worked for another company with US and Canada (now in England as well) they had to use 2 accounting systems due to differences in each country's accounting laws and currency.

As you get into really big accounting, you invaribly have to consider Oracle's cloud systems. That was what I had exposure to with another very large multi-national company.

More titles to explore.

Xero: Micro-Business Owners.
FreshBooks: Service-Based Businesses.
Wave: Free Software.

As you noted Cloud based I wonder if you know to backup locally in case the cloud is gone.

commented: I agree with you. You must add quickbooks cloud accounting softwares. Even many outsourcing accounting companies use quickbooks +0

Hi seema,

if you can be more specific then I can suggest if you can use custom software or not...
where are you based?

cheers
SARU

ntuit QuickBooks Online: Best Overall for Small Businesses. Intuit QuickBooks Online. ...

FreshBooks Accounting Software: Best for Invoicing. FreshBooks Accounting Software. ...

Zoho Books: Best for Really Small Businesses. Zoho Books. ...

Xero: Best for Mac Users. Xero. ...

Wave Financial: Best Free Option. Wave Financial.

Choosing the best cloud accounting software depends on your company needs, as guided by your CFO and in compliance with the views of your company heads. The tax system varies with every country, and hence it is recommended to pick the right software, considering all the points. You can still trust the other popular cloud accounting software that are commonly used all over the world.

1. Zoho Books – best choice for cloud based SMBs, has extensive financial tools, offers rich user experience
  2. Intuit QuickBooks – easy to use, flexible, well designed, deep and extensible
  3. Sage50 Cloud – robust, customizable, comprehensive financial tools, can be integrated with Microsoft 365

Why not load my mobile

When it comes to selecting the best cloud accounting software for small businesses that handle multiple sales tax rates, it's crucial to consider platforms that offer comprehensive features and scalability. One notable option is QuickBooks Online, which provides robust accounting solutions and supports handling various sales tax rates efficiently.

Additionally, other affordable and web-based small business accounting software, such as Xero and FreshBooks, offer user-friendly interfaces and customizable functionalities that cater to the specific needs of small businesses. These platforms can streamline accounting processes and ensure seamless management of multiple sales tax rates, enhancing overall financial operations.

Best Accounting software for small business can take care of the numbers to manage your finances effectively.

2024's best cloud accounting software options include FreshBooks for invoicing and time tracking; Wave Accounting as an excellent free option; Odoo as a tremendous open-source option; Zoho Books as automation software, QuickBooks Online with its comprehensive features, integration features, and user interface; Xero with its user-friendly user interface; Sage 50 inventory tools as well as Oracle NetSuite financial management suite being considered top contenders.

Here, are the best three software that you can use it

HostBooks: Considered one of the most user-friendly accounting programs, it is the best cloud accounting software for small businesses in India, allowing users to track spending.

QuickBooks Online: Recognized as the best overall accounting software for small businesses, it provides comprehensive features, including handling multiple sales tax rates. QuickBooks Online is cloud-based and offers different pricing plans to suit various needs.

Xero: A choice for micro-business owners, Xero is a cloud-based accounting software that is affordable and suitable for small businesses. It offers features to handle multiple sales tax rates.

You can choose any of the above software as per your affordability.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.