can anybody tell me what is this segment register, which is its purpose and how does it work ? thanx in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

i hope u know that in certain processors, the memory is segmented(or divided)...basically its not physically segmented rather its logical....the purpose is to store code,data,stack etc in different parts of memory.... so there should be some way to specify the starting address of each such segments.....so wat i want to convey is"segment registers hold the starting address of a segment"
i hope u got it......

yes! thank you :)

i hope u know that in certain processors, the memory is segmented(or divided)...basically its not physically segmented rather its logical....the purpose is to store code,data,stack etc in different parts of memory.... so there should be some way to specify the starting address of each such segments.....so wat i want to convey is"segment registers hold the starting address of a segment"
i hope u got it......

So is it kinda like when data is to pe processed it is divided in a segment register for easier workout?

Sorry for my english but Its not my primary language

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.