Hello everyone,

I'm currently exploring blockchain development and would like to learn how to implement a simple blockchain in a programming language of my choice. I understand the basic concepts of a blockchain, but I'm curious about the specific steps and code required to create one.

Could anyone please share their insights on how to implement a simple blockchain? I would appreciate any suggestions, explanations, or code snippets you can provide. Additionally, if you have any recommendations for programming languages that are well-suited for this task, please feel free to share them as well.

Thank you in advance for your contributions and expertise!"

By framing the question in this way, you're indicating that you're seeking guidance and open to different programming languages and approaches, which can encourage members of the forum to provide their insights and code examples.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I can't help you with blockchain, but I am curious as to the part of your post where you say

By framing the question in this way, you're indicating that you're seeking guidance and open to different programming languages and approaches, which can encourage members of the forum to provide their insights and code examples.

I'm reminded of a scene in MTM where Ted Baxter (reading the news off the cue cards) says out loud "take off glasses and look concerned."

commented: LOL!! +15

My first look would be https://www.google.com/search?&q=example+blockchain+in+python

Checking that out finds ready to use examples in about 60 lines of code.

HOWEVER I would never do that because blockchain code should be more efficient as to energy use and more.
https://www.efinancialcareers.com/news/2023/06/which-programming-language-uses-the-most-energy writes:

The results showed that Python, despite its popularity was a massive energy hog using 45 times as much energy (4390 joules) as C++ (77 joules) to execute its programs.

So I wouldn't do this.

To implement a simple blockchain, you can start by creating a data structure to represent blocks containing transactions. Each block would have a timestamp, previous block hash, transaction data, and a hash generated using cryptographic algorithms. Utilize linked lists or arrays to chain these blocks together. Implement functions to add new blocks, verify block integrity by validating hashes, and perform consensus mechanisms like proof-of-work or proof-of-stake for maintaining the blockchain's security.

commented: Thanks Tarun +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.