Hello all, i am new here and i hope this is the right place to ask the python query, basically i am in the first year of engineering and i want to learn the python programming language. we all know that python is now a days very popular programming language, and it also help in machine learning and in ai as well, so thats why i want to learn the python programming language. can any one please suggest me some best python books and courses so i can start learning, i also searched this on the internet but i fount many of the results and i am very confused. so please help.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

The best book I found was Beginning Python: From Novice to Professional by Magnus Lie Hetland. It's currently in the third edition. It doesn't cover the absolute latest features like match and the walrus operator but it will get you 99.9% of the way there. He also has a companion book, Mastering Basic Algorithms in the Python Language. There are also courses online but I prefer learning from a book for the most part.

If you are looking for online tutorials I highly recommend anything by Rob Mulla. I've been going through his videos on Pandas. If you are looking at doing anything with machine learning you'll need to learn this. He makes extensive use of Jupyter Notebooks. If you are not familiar with these you should learn to use them. Rob Mulla's tutorial on them can be found here. The easiest way to begin using them is by downloading and installing Visual Studio Code. It's free and much easier to learn and use than Anaconda/Spyder. Once you are familiar with Python and Pandas you should watch 25 Nooby Pandas Coding Mistakes You Should NEVER make.

If you have questions please post them here and we will try to answer them.

1. Python Crash Course by Eric Matthes
  2. Automate the Boring Stuff with Python by Al Sweigart
  3. Python Programming: An Introduction to Computer Science by John Zelle
  4. Python Cookbook: Recipes for Mastering Python 3 by David Beazley and Brian K. Jones
  5. Head First Python by Paul Barry
  6. Learning Python by Mark Lutz
  7. Introduction to Machine Learning with Python by Andreas Mueller and Sarah Guido
  8. Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython by Wes McKinney
  9. Effective Python by Brett Slatkin
  10. Fluent Python by Luciano Ramalho

Hi, these are the 5 books i would highly suggest:

"Python Crash Course, 2nd Edition" by Eric Matthes - This beginner-friendly book is a great introduction to Python programming for those with little to no experience. It covers basic programming concepts as well as more advanced topics like data visualization and web development.

"Automate the Boring Stuff with Python: Practical Programming for Total Beginners" by Al Sweigart - This book focuses on practical, real-life examples of how you can use Python to automate repetitive tasks like reading and manipulating files, sending emails, and web scraping.

"Fluent Python: Clear, Concise, and Effective Programming" by Luciano Ramalho - If you're looking to take your Python skills to the next level, this book is for you. It covers advanced topics like generators, decorators, and metaclasses in a clear and concise way.

"Python for Data Analysis: Data Wrangling with Pandas, NumPy, and IPython" by Wes McKinney - This book is a great introduction to data analysis and manipulation in Python. It covers pandas, NumPy, and IPython, which are powerful tools for working with datasets.

"Effective Python: 90 Specific Ways to Write Better Python" by Brett Slatkin - This book is a collection of Python best practices and programming tips. It covers topics like functions, classes, and concurrency and can help you write more efficient and effective Python code.

These are just a few of the many great Python books out there. I hope this list helps you find the perfect book for your needs!

Welcome to the world of Python programming! Python is indeed a very popular language and is widely used in various fields, including machine learning and artificial intelligence. There are many resources available to help you learn Python, so it's understandable that you may be confused about which ones to choose. Here are some suggestions:

"Python Crash Course" by Eric Matthes: This book is a great starting point for beginners and covers all the basics of Python programming. It includes practical projects and exercises that will help you practice your skills.

"Automate the Boring Stuff with Python" by Al Sweigart: This book is focused on teaching Python programming for practical tasks like automating repetitive tasks and data analysis. It includes hands-on projects and covers more advanced topics like web scraping and working with APIs.

"Python for Data Science Handbook" by Jake VanderPlas: This book is focused on using Python for data science and covers topics like data manipulation, visualization, and machine learning.

Codecademy Python Course: Codecademy offers an interactive online course that teaches the basics of Python programming. It includes quizzes and projects to help you practice what you learn.

Coursera Python for Everybody: This is a free online course offered by the University of Michigan that covers the basics of Python programming. It includes video lectures, quizzes, and assignments to help you practice.

edX Python for Data Science: This is a free online course offered by IBM that teaches Python programming for data science. It covers topics like data analysis, visualization, and machine learning.

These are just a few of the many resources available to learn Python programming. You can choose the ones that suit your learning style and goals. Good luck with your learning!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.