If any of you have hands-on experience in developing texting platforms or have insights into the considerations involved, I would greatly appreciate your input. Factors such as real-time capabilities, scalability, integration with messaging protocols, and compatibility across devices are of utmost importance.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

There isn't one. If you look at what is out there today you will find them built on many languages and not just one.

Also, is that you Elon?

commented: Lol, Elon who??? +15
commented: I know it easy to find but I want to seek answer from that person who are actually expert in that topic +0

This is a very broad question with way too many discussion point for just 1 answer.

commented: You sound like a Zuckerberg ;) +17

@rproffitt, Meet you in my backyard, cage is all set. :)

commented: Can we delay? I want to complete a small surgery. ;) +0

Well, I am also a software developer and in my opinion, if you are looking to build texting platform, then it depends on some factors, such as project requirements, team expertise, preferences and other factors, however there are some other populat option which are listed below:

1. Python
  2. Java
  3. PHP
  4. C#
  5. GO
  6. Swift
    Thanks
commented: Thank you Gulshan. I will look in it. +0

Really cool that you're diving into developing a texting platform I've dabbled a bit in real-time messaging apps and can say the considerations you've listed are spot-on. Real-time capabilities are crucial; you might want to look into WebSocket for that. Scalability is another beast altogether—considering microservices could be a good move. Also, don't underestimate the power of a clean and intuitive UI/UX; it can make or break user adoption. And, of course, security is key. Can't wait to hear more about your project as it progresses!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.