HI,
I would like to know, what are all the scenarios under which perl is used for software testing... this will be useful to me

:!:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Sounds like homework. So here's the dead obvious one: When the code was written in Perl.

I didn't get the impression it was homework/schoolwork but I have no idea how to answer such a question:

what are all the scenarios under which perl is used for software testing

I don't even know what "testing software" means? Testing it for what?

Hi Giri,

Your question sounds odd of where Perl is used in s/w testing. It all depends on your Application/Testing Environment.

Suppose, your application is generating lots of files into a particular directory and you want to check for a particular string which is present in each and every file without actually opening all the files ( It's a tedious job to open,check for the string and increment the count :rolleyes: )

You can write an automated perl script which opens all the files,search for the string and display the result which can save your lot of effort.
I remember the module Test::Files will do it for you.

If you can find the book Perl Testing: A Developer's Notebook , all your questions can be solved.

HTH,
Kalyan Raj
Hyderabad

how much perl u need to know to get in to testing jobs....i know the basics till functions in perl,is that enough???
-testuser

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.