Ok I bought the 2 bookies

Now I need a good assembly book we can all agree on

I am confused Can u give me a compiler I am getting to the point where I might explode of to much info...... showMessageBox.Text "Hello world"

Wait! You're doing a HelloWorld tutorial that uses the Win32 SDK, which is far too difficult. Console apps are the way to start out. For example:

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
  cout<<"HEY, you, I'm alive! Oh, and Hello World!\n";
  cin.get();
}

Now isn't that much nicer? Here's a good tutorial for you:
http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/lesson1.html

[edit]Ohhhh! Ahhhh! I see Bloodshet.net revamped their site -- much prettier now and appears to be a lot easier to navigate. If you have not seen it then you should visit and see the new and improved web pages[/edit]

Thanks for the heads up! It looks a lot better now...

Another good IDE is Code::Blocks.

Now I need a good assembly book we can all agree on

Don't worry about it. I've been programming in C++ for more than a year already, and don't really know any assembly. Learn it after you've learned some C++, or else you'll find yourself in an information overload.

sppt to be slpping but i rdy am :O

sppt to be slpping but i rdy am :O

I do not have the slightest idea what you wrote. Please write in plain English language so that eveyone can understand you. Despite what you might think this is not a chat room.

So do I buy those books or no???

And can I use visual c 2005 .NET one to compile? or no?

Ok I bought the 2 bookies

So do I buy those books or no???

Well, I guess you already did, didn't you?

And can I use visual c 2005 .NET one to compile? or no?

Yes you can, download the express-version free from here . You could also choose to use one of the other suggestions made by joeprogrammer & Ancient Dragon

ok cool But are the books alright?

Okay buddy, what exactly your intension is ? You have been recommended books in the prevoius posts by Mr. Dragon and Mr. Joe. Refer the previous posts for answer to your question.

I'll tell you a cheap way of learning C++. Read the plethora of tutorials available on the net. Maybe then you will get a hang of things and would be in a condition to decide which books are good for you on your own.

So for the time being:
> Grab a free compiler Dev C++
> Google some "beginner C++ tutorials"
> Get started.

That was FUN!!!

But ERROR

a < 5  // Checks to see if a is less than five
a > 5  // Checks to see if a is greater than five
a == 5 // Checks to see if a equals five, for good measure 

Could not compile

a < 5  // Checks to see if a is less than five
a > 5  // Checks to see if a is greater than five
a == 5 // Checks to see if a equals five, for good measure 

Those aren't entire C++ statements. They're just examples, or "snippets". For example, you could use one of the expressions like the following:

#include <iostream>

int main() {
int a = 6;

if (a>5) {
   std::cout << "The variable 'a' is larger than 5.\n";
}
}

Those expressions at the end of the tutorial were just examples. I hope this makes sense.

Dont cin.get(); It keeps it from closing up

Dont cin.get(); It keeps it from closing up

Usually you want cin.get to execute when your program finishes on a compiler like Dev-C++. Why? Because users will usually double-click on your app, which will open a DOS prompt window, and when the program is done, the window will close immediately, so the user can't see the final messages printed out by the program.

On many compilers, cin.get is not needed, automatically append code to do this (Such as Visual C++) to save you the trouble.

Its alright I just have a question about the loops what the hell do they really do just when u put in anser it keeps the thing from just exiting oe what?

Loops are a very important constructs in programming.

Imagine you want to gather data from 100 clients and put it in an array of client data. Imagine doing that without loop:

cout << "Enter data of client 1: " ;
cin >> record[0] ;
cout << "Enter data of client 2: " ;
cin >> record[1] ;
cout << "Enter data of client 3: " ;
cin >> record[2] ;

// ... and so on till 100

With loops its like:

for( int i = 0; i < 100; ++i )
{
    cout << "Enter data of client " << i + 1 << ": " ;
    cin >> record[i] ;
}
// end of data gathering phase

Hope you get the drift...

assembly language is necessary,i think. Creating an OS is not a easy job, the first thing you need to do is getting the source code of the existing OS and read it.

damn this is to hard is there an easy way :(

damn this is to hard is there an easy way :(

Yes -- pay someone else to write it for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.