My problem is....i have done a project in VB.NET with SQL SERVER as the database.
My project was running perfect until last day when i tried to run the project i got some errors.

Errors :

1) Could not copy temporary files to O/P directory

2) The file Call Center.exe cannot be copied to the run directory, this process cannot access the file because its being used by another process

3) The reference component ADODB could not be found, A wrapper assembly is not registered for this type library

4) The refernece component MSAdodc1.ib could not load this type of library,A wrapper assembly is not registered for ths type of library

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My problem is....i have done a project in VB.NET with SQL SERVER as the database.
My project was running perfect until last day when i tried to run the project i got some errors.

Errors :

1) Could not copy temporary files to O/P directory

2) The file Call Center.exe cannot be copied to the run directory, this process cannot access the file because its being used by another process

3) The reference component ADODB could not be found, A wrapper assembly is not registered for this type library

4) The refernece component MSAdodc1.ib could not load this type of library,A wrapper assembly is not registered for ths type of library

A few things to try. First, kill your output directories (by this, I mean locate your BIN directories and delete the DLL's and EXE's for your project, both Debug and Release). If things continue to give you problems with 'cannot replace' or 'cannot write' you will need to also remove these DLL's from your GAC (for GAC info: http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/DemystifyGAC.asp)

Some other things:
Rebuild (versus Build) your assembly. This forces all sub-assemblies to be rebuilt from scratch.

Try setting your Copy Local (under Properties for each Reference) to True (if they are already True, try setting them to False, rebuild (it will fail) and then set True and rebuild.) If this does not work, try removing all of your references and add them back to the project.

Finally, if still No Joy, close all of your sub-assemblies, create a brand new solution, and then Add Existing to recreate the entire package.

These are terrible problems to get past , so be prepared to recreate things from scratch - make SURE you save a copy of your code somewhere safe.

Happy Coding!

Ned

Is it Fine if I put a new folder in the Bin...ie Project-->Properties-->Configuration-->Debug-->Output Directory....there i insert a new folder..will my above problem be resolved..tell me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.