hi everyone. im really stuck with a project in pasal requring some string and files procedures. i have tried severy ways but i still can get through. the project can be found at http://www.cis.um.edu.mt/cmassign/proj2006.html . i have attached 2 files one containg the code and the other containg a sample file to be read from. please if there is anyone out here who can help with the first procedure or the whole project ; ill be greatful. any small help / tips will be appreciated. thanks

Attachments
program test;
uses crt;

var

html : text;
line:string ;
i,x: integer;

procedure search;

begin
   clrscr;

assign(html,'html.txt');
   reset(html);
   readln(html,line);
   writeln(line);
   readln
end;

begin
    search
end.
<table class="tborder" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" border="0" width="100%" align="center"> <tr> <td class="alt1" width="100%"> Myers Briggs personality types </td> </tr> </table>

i don't to be unkind, but since nobody gave you an answer i will do it. your problem is simple and nobody have the time to answer to you. i suggest you to "google it"! it must exist samples on how html parsers are made!
tips: i must make myself a parser and a compiler for school task. so what i have done until now: a dictionary(which is containing the reserved words- in your case table,tr,td and declare the limiters - your case <,>,space) and now i'm making the parser.

best regards,

i don't to be unkind, but since nobody gave you an answer i will do it. your problem is simple and nobody have the time to answer to you. i suggest you to "google it"! it must exist samples on how html parsers are made!
tips: i must make myself a parser and a compiler for school task. so what i have done until now: a dictionary(which is containing the reserved words- in your case table,tr,td and declare the limiters - your case <,>,space) and now i'm making the parser.

best regards,

thanks a lot for you time and kind attention. i will try googling it. if you do have any sample codes than you can show me ill appreciate it. thanks again.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.