Hello Everyone,

I want do a project on Java Applet/Swing for my final yr. Can anyone give me suggestions what kind of projects , specifically on what topic I should choose which can help in campusing. Frankly, I love programming in Java.
Hope to get a reply from you.
Thanking you,
Supra

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I want do a project on Java Applet/Swing for my final yr. Can anyone give me suggestions what kind of projects , specifically on what topic I should choose which can help in campusing. Frankly, I love programming in Java.
Hope to get a reply from you.
Thanking you,
Supra

You love programming in Java?? :eek: :eek:

As far as projects in Swing go, I would recommend something like a heavily menu driven text editor of some description or something that allows you to do programming. Some sort of analysis tool might be a good idea aswell. It could analyse the different properties of text files for instance. This would be useful when keeping track of copies of a file which are out of date.

I hope this helps.

Hi Pimp Daddy,

your idea of text editor is fine. I have already developed it in C. Please clarify "properties of text file".Bye....

Hi nanosani,
You mentioned a good site. There just a rough idea about diff. topics. but I think it will help.Thanx....
Are you also interested in Java ?

hello nanosani,

You mantioned a good site. It cantains the overviews. But I think it will help. Thanx.
Are you also interested in Java

Hi Pimp Daddy,

your idea of text editor is fine. I have already developed it in C. Please clarify "properties of text file".Bye....

When I say text file this could be any sort of file that has text in it. This means it could be anything from C++ surce code to a Microsoft Word document. As far as properties go, just think of any properties that a text file could have, e.g. word count, no. pages, file size etc. Make it as complex as you want.

Hi Pimp Daddy,
I got your words. Then "bilingual"... Ha..Ha..

Supra !
Yes ofcourse I love to program in java ... when I started programming in java I forgot about all other languages ....
I think your project choice is right ... but remember that if you are to do a big project ... then making a windows notepad like thing wont work for you .... it'll be very simple for you (after reading some java io). I have also made a notepad ... and I had some problems ... I posted them on ... and yet no replies :p .
If you wanna get the raw code of the text Editor ... then mail me at nanosani@yahoo.co.uk

Hey, have you read the book calle Black Art of Game Programming in Java? Its quit a good book, I've tried it myself. I my self is also interested in java, you know.

Why dont you try the book entitled Black Art of Game Programming. Its a good book. I've read some of its chapters myself.

Hi,

Are you interested in writing a program to calculate the planet positions for any given date,time and a given location(longtitude and lattitude given)?.

I will help you to find the necessary information in the internet or programes written in C or C++.

Let me know what do you think.

Yaar Sivas,
Your program is really interesting.Can you give some info on that.
And I also like turbo C/C++. I have already done some mini projects on these.
One of them is an editor where I cannt do scrolling.Can you give me some fundas.
You can also let me know other projects in C,C++ , Java & Linux Shell Prog.
You can mail me at [email removed]
Bye......

i am final year student.and want to make project on java.please help me.

i am final year student.and want to make project on java.please help me.

Bumping 6 years old post. Bad

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.