Hello,

I have a question about perl I wanna connect a program for example a login/user creation to a website It a program That once you make an Account it sends that account to the game server which requires login to play And once you make that Account you can Online. So What I want to do to is have a program where you can create ur account and it sends it to The game server so then you can login

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Look into using the WWW::Mechanize module.

Ok take a look at this source http://www.prodigywow.info/register.php

It a private Server for WoW I dont play on it just found that When you register it sends it to a folder on the server And there u go u can play Basicly What I want is U go to the site you register it sends it automaticlly to the folder and there u go U go an account is there anyway I can do that?

I dont know if that Was good enough to explain

Ok I have a game lets pretend Its a mmorpg Heh

It requires login to play...

What you do is you go online you agree to the stuff you type in a code Its correct you move foward to the accout creation page
Your there you type in ur name and password... You hit accept it sends it to the account folder where all the acounts are and its now a Txt file which when you try to login it searches for it and ur on!

It sounds like what you are asking for is bascially a robot that automatically signs you up, and most servers hate people that do that because 999 out of a 1000 times it would be used for some type of abuse. I personally have no interest in helping you with this question besides what I already said, look into WWW::Mechanize (perl).

Ok then dont... But umm u would need auth key

So search for some Auth module on CPAN/ActiveState that might help you. There are lots of them.

Uhhh I dont know didnt really look at it what I am saying is this... I have a "Game" That I want your to LOGIN for the game. You need to create a account on my games website... You clik the link you Put in your information, you click "Submit" Then it sends that information DIRECTLY to the the server. Do I need to have the game make a little site login thing with the port 80 at the end for example http://Thecoolestfp.com:8080 ? Or can I just add something on my website like a script program something...

You don't need to deal with ports or FTP to do this. What you require can be done with a form on your website and a Perl script to process the form on the server. There may be open source scripts that can fill your requirements already out there (try HTadmin). However, if you want / need to implement your own solution you need to first assess your requirements. The script will need to do the following things:

1. Validate and process the submitted registration forms.
2. Update a record of registered users, using either a text file or a real database.
3. Process login forms and check username / password details against your database / text file.
4. Serve "members only" pages to those who submit the correct details.

If you do take this approach, look into cgi-lib. It's a Perl library that will make processing forms easier. Also, be sure to check your code is secure before putting it on your website or you might get hacked into. I think your best bet though is to search for existing scripts on Google. Good luck.

Steven.

Alright, I think you got what I said. So there will be a database...Where? On my computer or site.... And how will the game connect to it?...

And, one other Thing I want to add. Location, Money, Spells,Class/race, Will that be in the database too or will that Be in a diffrent database? Because when you login its checking the login database to see if your correct. Then it looking for your id number which say for example would be 0482997481358 It would go to that Txt file and see what you have in it like your:

Money, Buffs, Class, Race, Spells, Location (Where you currently are)

One more thing how do I keep it out of the source cause people could just look at the source code.

And I will prolly be hiring someone.

Mushy-pea,

cgi-lib was replaced maybe 10 years ago with CGI.pm. cgi-lib is from the old days of perl 4 and should not be used anymore except where cases of backwards compatibility with existing progams is needed. And even then it can be avoided since CGI.pm has built in compatibility for old cgi-lib programs.

"
And, one other Thing I want to add. Location, Money, Spells,Class/race, Will that be in the database too or will that Be in a diffrent database? Because when you login its checking the login database to see if your correct. Then it looking for your id number which say for example would be 0482997481358 It would go to that Txt file and see what you have in it like your:

Money, Buffs, Class, Race, Spells, Location (Where you currently are)

One more thing how do I keep it out of the source cause people could just look at the source code."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.