sseenu79 0 Newbie Poster

Hi Unix Gurus,
I have written a shell script to unfreeze all frozen media in NetBackup. Here is the script written on HP-UX using ksh:

set -x
cd $HOME
rm -f frozentest
rm -f mediaserver
cd /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd
pbrun ./bpmedialist -summary | grep FROZEN | awk '{print $1 $2}' | grep FROZEN | cut -c 1-6 >>$HOME/frozentest
for i in `cat $HOME/frozentest`
do
    pbrun ./bpmedialist -m $i | grep Server | cut -f 4 -d " " > $HOME/mediaserver
      for j in `cat $HOME/mediaserver`
      do
              pbrun ./bpmedia -unfreeze -m $i -h $j
              echo "$i of $j has been unfreezed"
      done
done

This script should find all the frozen media and unfreeze them automatically. However the script is not working as expected. While running the last command (pbrun ./bpmedia -unfreeze -m $i -h $j) it is getting failed with "can't connect to client" error. I have written one more script using different logic even that is also getting failed with the same error. I am sure that there is no syntax errors in my logic and it could be something else which is failing the script. I am using ksh. Please let me know what could be the problem. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Srinivas Rao S.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.