I use the dev c++ IDE and was wondering if there is anyway in c++ or using system commands to send text packages to another computer that can be received by the other computer to process the information.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Although you could probably use system() commands, there's several disadvantages to that. Firstly, it's very slow using system() commands, as it first has to call the operating system, which calls the program, etc, etc.. Secondly, it's not portable, (which may or may not be a problem for you) but it's certainly a good idea to make code as portable as possible.

Starting from scratch and writing a networking application using sockets is a little bit difficult (or should I say a lot!), so you may want to let someone else to the low-level stuff. I recommend using the open-source networking framework libcurl to handle your communications for you. It's very easy to use, and your performance will thank you.

Hope this helps

thanks I will look in to it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.