csc /out : DemoLogo2.exe DemoLogo.cs /out: LogoNamespace.netmodule LogoNamespace.cs

Its a command in a book but it gives no reference. I'd like to know exactly whats going on here if anyone can assist

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

its not a C# command. Its just illustrating how to run a demo program with the arguments. That is what you would type on the commond prompt window.

Cool. Yea that much I know. I should have been more specific. I want the details behind that operation.

Cool. Yea that much I know. I should have been more specific. I want the details behind that operation.

I haven't the slightest idea what it does either. There must be explaination in your book someplace. :surprised

csc /out : DemoLogo2.exe DemoLogo.cs /out: LogoNamespace.netmodule LogoNamespace.cs

Its a command in a book but it gives no reference. I'd like to know exactly whats going on here if anyone can assist

csc is the C# command line compiler. The /out option tells the compiler the name and type of the resulting assembly and the C# source files that are included in it.

The command you have tells the compiler to create an executable file called DemoLogo2.exe from DemoLogo.cs and a compiled module called LogoNamespace.netmodule from the LogoNamespace.cs source file.

I guess your book assumed that you would have another reference with the details. :rolleyes: This will help you out with the command line compiler and how to use it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.