Greetings!

I'm asking your help. It's about printing a record. I used ADODC and the data is in access. what i want to happen is that when i choose to print a particular record. how will i do it?

please help me to solve this problem.. i have a deadline to catch!:-|

Thanks so much DANIWEB!

Respectfully,
purplestar86

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

You can print a record in several ways. Here are 2

1. Create a Data Report / Crystal Report for the Table. Use a Select Query to filter the records for the record you want to print

2. Put the records data in a text file (.txt file) and print it using regprn or some other simple printing utility

You can print a record in several ways. Here are 2

1. Create a Data Report / Crystal Report for the Table. Use a Select Query to filter the records for the record you want to print

2. Put the records data in a text file (.txt file) and print it using regprn or some other simple printing utility

Hi aparnesh! Thanks for the reply! I used a DataEnvironment, dragged the fields to the data report and ready to print. the question is, what will i write/set on the SQL if i want to print a particular record?

Please help me. Our system is due next week. :-|

Thanks!

That would of course depend on your tables and fields.

For example, if you have a table called Table1 and want to print records where the column Field1 contains the value 'ABC', your SQL will be

SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE Field1 = 'ABC' ;

If you are not comfortable with SQL, try get someone's help or go through any SQL primer. It shouldn't take more than an hour or 2 at most to get a working knowledge of simple SQL

That would of course depend on your tables and fields.

For example, if you have a table called Table1 and want to print records where the column Field1 contains the value 'ABC', your SQL will be

SELECT * FROM Table1 WHERE Field1 = 'ABC' ;

If you are not comfortable with SQL, try get someone's help or go through any SQL primer. It shouldn't take more than an hour or 2 at most to get a working knowledge of simple SQL

Thanks for your reply. the SQL i used is

SELECT * from Recording

In the SQL i used, it prints all the records in the table. which our only requirement is to print a certain record.

Please help. Deadline is due in 3days. Thanks !

Respectfully,
purplestar86

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.