please help me out in updating a MS ACCESS database via vb.NET...I am in need of the code.Thank You

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Here are some tutorials

sir,can you provide me with codin instructions and sample codes to connect and update MS ACCESS databases through VB.NET.Please its in urgent need of a project.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

You follow a set of instructions in visual studio.

It is as simple as that. Read your book.

Thanx a lot i am sure this is gonna help

Wish u success...If u need any sort of help in VB.NET, ASP.NET, JAVA SCRIPT, HTML , MATHEMATICS, ACCOUNTING...donot hasitate to contact me ...my email id is ...

v450305@lycos.com or adil-farooq@indiatimes.com

regards
adil

sir in my application i need to close the login form and open the main form the problem i am facing is that i can open the main form but cant close the login form at the same time can you help me in this ......thank you

sir in my application i need to close the login form and open the main form the problem i am facing is that i can open the main form but cant close the login form at the same time can you help me in this ......thank you

why dont you try declaring a object for the main form and when u call the main form add this code

dim objMain as mainform(The Main forms name)

and the point where you want to close the login form

Loginform.Close or Me.close or Me.hide()

objmain.showDialog()

Hope this helps you out :)

sir it is closing all the forms or all the forms remain...don't know what to do please help me out

why dont you try declaring a object for the main form and when u call the main form add this code

dim objMain as mainform(The Main forms name)

and the point where you want to close the login form

Loginform.Close or Me.close or Me.hide()

objmain.showDialog()

Hope this helps you out :)

How can it close all your forms.. Me.Hide or Me.Close refers to your Login Form( Me-> Login Form).. Post your code and let me have a look at it :confused:

please help me out in updating a MS ACCESS database via vb.NET...I am in need of the code.Thank You

After u put the data in the DataAdapter using the Update, Insert or Delete commands, [Connection].ExecuteNonQuery will certainly update the table.

You Can Use Dispose Method

Dim Frm as new frmmain
frm.showdialog()
me.close()
me.dispose(true)

'Here Frm Main Is Main Form Name

thank you. i have finally joined the community as a begginer with a vision of being an expert within weeks. my dedication will pay. i know.

just hide the login form.. It will really close your application because you put it in as your startup gooduluck...

Try calling up the Main form before you clear all resources used by the Login form

'insert all codes including user validation 
     MainForm.Show
'Clear all login form resources
Me.Dispose
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.