Hi! I am working on a project in which I have some variables & I have assigned certain default values to those variables.Output of the project should be somewhat like as shown below :-

a = 10 b = 20
c = 1 d = 4 ... & so on

Now I want the cursor to be under 10 initially & move from 1 value to another when the Tab key is pressed & User should be able to change the values if he wants to. If the user wishes to use default values, he should be able to press enter & the default value should be set for that variable.

This is the kind of screen I want but i cannt seem to figure out how this could be done in C++ without using graphics. I dont know any commands to move cursor on a place where already some value is written. Please help me solve my problem. Any types of suggestions or ideas are welcome.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Do you just wanna move the cursor or have the cursor intelligently point to numbers on the screen?

You have to control the cursor which is not something that Standard C++ can do. This takes commands that are system and/or compiler defined. And they are optional so they might not be defined for your system.

It is fine even if cursor just moves between numbers & accepts whats written over there or defaut value if 'enter' is pressed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.