1.I'm Using Posix Timers. I Would Like To Kno Whether It Is Possible To Fire Two Timers With Same Signum. The Signal Event Function Is Different.

2. Is there any way to send an argument to the signal event function other than signum.

the functions i used for timer are
timer_create()- for creating the timer
sigaction() - signal event function and signo is given here
settimer() -for setting the timer.
PLEASE HELP ME
THANKS

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I should have read this earlier.

The answer is no. Unless you are using the Realtime Signal Extension - ie., "realtime signals".

The real question is "Why are you doing this?"
It's not like there aren't USR signals or realtime signals (lots of them) you can't use. No offense, but you're just creating problems for yourself.

I should have read this earlier.

The answer is no. Unless you are using the Realtime Signal Extension - ie., "realtime signals".

The real question is "Why are you doing this?"
It's not like there aren't USR signals or realtime signals (lots of them) you can't use. No offense, but you're just creating problems for yourself.

Hi Jim,
Thanks for u'r reply. But i want some more clarifications on Realtime signals. I'm using real time signals only..but the problem is that i am able to use only 30 signal ie signo from 3 to 32. Actually i want to use more than that, Is there any way to do that? Can you pls elobrate on your answer.
You can also e-mail me at << email id snipped >>
Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.