I want to make a program with C# that can locate a store that we want dependent on the (X, Y). So for example: if I put (1,2) it will say that this is the nearest store. Do you guys have any idea on how to do this? I'm fresh new with C#, don't really know on how to implement such a thing.. is there any features in C# that allow us to create axis? Thanx so much for the help! very well appreciate it

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I want to make a program with C# that can locate a store that we want dependent on the (X, Y). So for example: if I put (1,2) it will say that this is the nearest store. Do you guys have any idea on how to do this? I'm fresh new with C#, don't really know on how to implement such a thing.. is there any features in C# that allow us to create axis? Thanx so much for the help! very well appreciate it

I have done exactly what you're asking and I've posted the solution on my website. Check it out here: http://blog.donnfelker.com/2007/03/17/HOWTOBuildAStoreLocatorInASPNET.aspx

Good luck!

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Basic Pythagorean theory will tell you what's the closest. Drawing axes, well the 2d drawing methods will help you out I guess.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.