Hi there Guys
i've learned J2SE (standard) version of java nad i enjoy it a lot
and i lately wanna to learn Mobile Programming (J2ME) , is this King of programming alike to J2SE , help me if you can , i'll scratch Yours later:p

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

JME is a subset of JSE. The programming itself is pretty similar but more restricted (and as you're dealing with smaller screens you can do less with the screen layout too).

Of course you also need to take the specific hardware you're programming for into account when programming JME as there are differences between brands that JME can't completely hide.

hi jwenting , thanks for your Reply (and Your Infracions reports , guy[two report in 10 minute!!!!])
writing in J2ME results in .java file , what about .sis file , i mean Symbian Files???

I don't use JME so I can't help you with specifics.
You will need a compiler to turn your sources into something your phone can understand.
There are toolkits for that, either from Sun, from phone or phone OS manufacturers, or both.

hi jwenting , thanks for your Reply (and Your Infracions reports , guy[two report in 10 minute!!!!])
writing in J2ME results in .java file , what about .sis file , i mean Symbian Files???

Hey..,
There is one emulator is there which is provided by Sun Micro systems ..
Emulater name is J2ME Wireless Toolkit .. you can download this from sun website. And then..this emulator contains inbuit examples ok... just go through that examples...it will be very useful one..and the final result will be in .jar format... If you want to convert that in to .sis means there is some third party tool is there i think so.. ok

thanks all , they are really Usefull

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.