I have changed the Path Environment Variable for Windows Command Prompt to:

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin

so why, when I try to run javac while in the code folder directory, do I still get the error message

"javac is not recognized as an internal..."

I was forced to put the path info in at the command prompt before the .java file would compile.

Help.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Greetings.
Errr, do you mean that you have set the path in the System Properties?
With Variable: Path
and Value: c:/j2sdk1.4.2_04/bin ?

yes, thats what I mean, with the slashes as I have written them

help with the path for servlets

well i got my path working in any case

First try to locate te bin folder from the windows explorer, and then copy the path to ur environment variable, which you can get by right clicking on My Computer Icon and then to Advanced Tab and then to Environment Variable...
But i think if you install the jre or jdk for jsdk it by default reallocates ur path to c:\\Program Files\Java\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin

check this out...

Regards...

I have changed the Path Environment Variable for Windows Command Prompt to:

C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin

so why, when I try to run javac while in the code folder directory, do I still get the error message

"javac is not recognized as an internal..."

I was forced to put the path info in at the command prompt before the .java file would compile.

Help.

help with the path for servlets

I'm runnning Tomcat Appache 5.5.15 wth JAVA 1.5.06. To get servlets run on my laptop I only copied and past servlet-api.jar & jsp-api.jar into following directory

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_06\jre\lib\ext

which is where java is installed

you can find this jar files in tomcat as follow

C:\Tomcat 5.5\common\lib

and to setting path for java, don't forget put on end of path semicolum " ; " or some pc refuse to work with java

hi....im working with tomcat... to run servlets....i cant execute the javac command in dos ....what do i do??? java is installed...i even gave the path to where its installed...i even changed yhe system properties... but it says javac is not recognised as internal and external command...

Start your own thread, but that "error" is always that the path is not set (not classpath, path).

Just go at command prompt and check whether ur jdk is in programme files, if it is programe
file then set path
c:\set path=C:\programe files\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin;%path%;
or if not in prog files then
c:\set path=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin;%path%;

how to set path? after typng the program is not getting executed. it is showing tat javac is not recognized so please tell wat to do

how to set path? after typng the program is not getting executed. it is showing tat javac is not recognized so please tell wat to do

First post here explain how to install Java and how to set PATH

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.