Hi,

I have a report desigend in Crystal Report 11. The report has 2 sections which is divided in between by a simple dark line.
The report's left side has the fields of TABLE A and will be used to show records from TABLE A only.
And the report's right side has the fields of TABLE B and will be used to show records from TABLE B only.

I thought of the following idea:
The best & easiedt thing is to pass 2 different SQL statments in vb code. One for table A and the other for table B, so that i can view information of the records on the left side of the report for TABLE A and records on the rght side of the report for TABLE B.

I am using the ".SQLQueryString" property for processing SQL statements in vb code view to produce an output in teh report at runtime.

Do u know how to do this.. ??

Any good techie help will be gr8tly appreciated.
Awaiting reply A.S.A.P.....

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

There isn't any simple solution to this problem, but maybe I can educate you a bit. Look up the SQL commands Union and Interesect to see if they may apply in this situation. When faced with this, sometimes I make a new temporary table just to help with the retrieval of this kind of query. So, also look up...

Select Col, Col from Table Into NewTable

REgards.

see Henry , the UNION & INTERSECT clause will not apply in this case...
becoz the 2 table that will be used in displaying the records on both the sides of teh report are completely different and are not linked at all.

And i thought that the UNION & INTERSECT clause was used to query some common records among both tables...But these 2 tables are seperate entities.
Is it possoble for me to have ur YAHOO messenger ID so that i can settle somethings out right now...pleeeeeasssssee u can PM it to me.

see Henry , the UNION & INTERSECT clause will not apply in this case...
becoz the 2 table that will be used in displaying the records on both the sides of teh report are completely different and are not linked at all.

And i thought that the UNION & INTERSECT clause was used to query some common records among both tables...But these 2 tables are seperate entities.
Is it possoble for me to have ur YAHOO messenger ID so that i can settle somethings out right now...pleeeeeasssssee u can PM it to me.

I don't use Messenger.

If there is nothing to relate the two tables, why would you want the contents of two unrelated tables on the same report?
You should come up with another tactic.

Oh almighty Henry,
We'll still continue our techies talk. its ok if u dont use Yahoo IM. The IM would have been LIVE! and instantaneous for both u & me.

Actually, i have to show a report on market competetors for Book Titles.
for an X book publishing company.

And i have 2 cases that can come under them:
1. A publishing company's reps discussing books with professors of
various institutes. This can involve discussions of certain publishing
competetors.
2. Books recommended by Professors to students in an institute. This
also could involve books from market competetors.

So that is why i have 2 tables : BOOKS_DISCUSSED and BOOKS_RECOMMENDED. Both tables have a field "Publisher". And thats why i want to display ino from 2 tables on both sides of a report. But the tables are not related. May be u could give me some idea on some tactics...And populating with info from both tables really makes the report look heavy man..corporate like...otherwise its looking damn emtpy.
This is the cause.

Earlier u were talking abt some temporary table..is it the "views" concept that ur were referring to ?? I have to check it out....

And regarding the GRID control post...Even though i have added 5 to 7 more records (exceeding the design time rows of the grd control and alreadytested it successfully), just tell me, that my way of using the ".ROWS" property will work properly
for future records to come or not ...??

And please also see if u got any code reference on that dual table report stuff....its really urgent to me buddy...

I don't use Messenger.

If there is nothing to relate the two tables, why would you want the contents of two unrelated tables on the same report?
You should come up with another tactic.

Actually, i have to show a report on market competetors for Book Titles. for an X book publishing company.

competetors.

-----------------
It sounds increasingly likely to me that you are using Microsoft's BIBLIO datebase and that you are working on an academic problem.
I don't think that's what this forum is for.

Henry Schubel
Associate Professor of Computer Science

Hello Henry pal,

I am not working on the Microsoft BIBLIO.MDB database file.
I have made a seperate database file of my own. An this is not an academic task . Its simply my interest to know more knowledge the right way in this techie line.

So, please could u clear my doubts as per the asking question put up in my previous post....??

Awaiting ur enriched response....

Actually, i have to show a report on market competetors for Book Titles. for an X book publishing company.

competetors.

-----------------
It sounds increasingly likely to me that you are using Microsoft's BIBLIO datebase and that you are working on an academic problem.
I don't think that's what this forum is for.

Henry Schubel
Associate Professor of Computer Science

Hello Henry pal,

I have made a seperate database file of my own. An this is not an academic task . Its simply my interest to know more knowledge the right way in this techie line.

So, please could u clear my doubts as per the asking question put up in my previous post....??

I did reply. There isn't any magical way to report on two unrelated tables just so you can save paper. Come up with another strategy.

Hello Henry pal,

I did reply. There isn't any magical way to report on two unrelated tables just so you can save paper. Come up with another strategy.

Somebody assist me in this....

How to connect to crystal report from vb6.0 form dynamically i have no idea regarding this
thanks in advance

How to connect to crystal report from vb6.0 form dynamically i have no idea regarding this
thanks in advance

You will have to install the retail version of Crystal Reports 11 Dev edition to this and then add the libararies in the code to dynamically run reports.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.