the problem is as follows:
write a program:the array of integers indicating the marks of the students is given.u have to calculate the percentile of the student according to this rule:the percentile of a student is the % of number of student having marks less than him.for example:
student marks
A 12
B 60
C 80
D 71
E 30
F 45
percentile of C=5/5*100=100
plz help me with the code,if u can code this,email me at << email snipped >>

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Allow me to help you by guiding you to this
pertinent link

commented: Absolutely! - Salem +6

Aia is absolutely and positively correct. If we write the program for you then (1) we will not get the grade, you will and (2) you will learn nothing.

Well its pretty simple..

1. Sort the array in ascending order

2. "Position of the Student"/"Total Num of students - 1 " *100

the problem is as follows:
write a program:the array of integers indicating the marks of the students is given.u have to calculate the percentile of the student according to this rule:the percentile of a student is the % of number of student having marks less than him.for example:
student marks
A 12
B 60
C 80
D 71
E 30
F 45
percentile of C=5/5*100=100
plz help me with the code,if u can code this,email me at << email snipped

hey dude i cant write the source code for u but can definitely tell u the logic:
m sure u must be knowing th ebasics of c!
here goes:
first input all the marks in a array then, u can compare each key with the highest marks in the class(thats how percentile is calculated)(in this case its marks of student c) n then print each perwsons mark!
that for example would be percentage of b wud be:(60/80)*100=75%

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.