the problem is as follows:
write a program:the array of integers indicating the marks of the students is given.u have to calculate the percentile of the student according to this rule:the percentile of a student is the % of number of student having marks less than him.for example:
student marks
A 12
B 60
C 80
D 71
E 30
F 45
percentile of C=5/5*100=100
plz help me with the code,if u can code this,email me at << email snipped >>

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jimmymerchant

Aia is absolutely and positively correct. If we write the program for you then (1) we will not get the grade, you will and (2) you will learn nothing.

Well its pretty simple..

1. Sort the array in ascending order

2. "Position of the Student"/"Total Num of students - 1 " *100

the problem is as follows:
write a program:the array of integers indicating the marks of the students is given.u have to calculate the percentile of the student according to this rule:the percentile of a student is the % of number of student having marks less than him.for example:
student marks
A 12
B 60
C 80
D 71
E 30
F 45
percentile of C=5/5*100=100
plz help me with the code,if u can code this,email me at << email snipped

hey dude i cant write the source code for u but can definitely tell u the logic:
m sure u must be knowing th ebasics of c!
here goes:
first input all the marks in a array then, u can compare each key with the highest marks in the class(thats how percentile is calculated)(in this case its marks of student c) n then print each perwsons mark!
that for example would be percentage of b wud be:(60/80)*100=75%

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.