Help ?? I self studied VB .NET throught a book (apress - Building Client/Server Application with VB .NET : An Example - driven Approch) by Jeff Levinson. when I coded in the example from the book and ran the program and I got this error message

"An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: BinaryFormatter Version incompatibility. Expected Version 1.0. Received Version 1008738336.1684104552."

there were no compiled error, will that be the .NET version error ? looks like the code expecting the .NET 1.0 ? the book is published in 2003. I use Visual Studio 2003 which with .NET framwork 1.1 . if that is the case ... can someone tell me what is the right way to do the "Serialization in .NET 1.1"
Thanks a lot
Daniel

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

.NET 1 code should work fine with 1.1, its a wierd error.

maybe I should reinstall the VS 2003 caused I removed the .NET 2.0 when I encounter the error ..... hate to do that .....
thanks anywau ....
Daniel

ive got vb.net 2003 standard on my pc here - if you send me the code in a zip i could see if its a problem with the .NET version or not (save you reinstalling)

Thank you very much... but I did reinstall the whole thing included windows ..... thank you for you kindness. thanks again..
Daniel

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.