I have written my first perl script but something is wrong. When i try to run it direct it just open up notepad with my script in it. when i open from the web it comes back 404 page not found. It is a form script on a webpage.
Could someone please help me?

Many Thanks:(

what does "try to run it direct" mean? Do you have perl installed on your computer? You can't run perl scripts without perl. If you are trying to run a local perl script from your browser you will also need an http server installed, setup, and running.

I have written my first perl script but something is wrong. When i try to run it direct it just open up notepad with my script in it. when i open from the web it comes back 404 page not found. It is a form script on a webpage.
Could someone please help me?

Many Thanks:(

It seems you attempting to exeucte your Perl Process from an Windows enviornment. I am not a Win32 Guru, but looks like, you do not have Perl loaded on your PC. I myself am a UNIX guy, so this may/may not help. Check and see if you have it loaded first...!!!!

Mon amie, if kxh29 is right and you're trying to run perl scripts in windows environment without a perl version for windows then all you have to do is download "Active Perl".
You can do that from www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl
I suggest downloading MSI package for windows. After you download and install active perl, open ms-dos to run your script. In order to do that you have to type: perl c:\blahblah\blah.txt since you write your scripts using notepad (the path defines the exact location of your script).

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.