I realised I cannot run Win32 programs compiled with Visual Studio 2005 on any other computer.

When I try running my programs on a computer where no VS2005 is installed I get an error:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

what kind of prorogram did you write? .NET ? does the other computer have .NET installed? does it have the correct version of the windows DLLs ? The compiler bin directory has a depends.exe program that will show you all the DLLs that your program needs. Run it against your program and see if the other computer has them all.

I was thinking that too -- you should never try to install a program that was compiled for debug on another computer, for the very reason you just discovered. Glad you found the problem. :)

that means I have to debug first?

Because it still doesnt works in xp...it works in 2k and vista only...(its compiled in vista)

ya...thanks....now Please check my new post

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.