hie, i'm kinda new to this forum and have no experience in these forums,this my first time so please bare with me.I'v got an assignment i'm working on and i"m stuck,could you help? The program is attached

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

can u please paste it to the thread... so everybody can view..

C.M.I.S VISUAL BASIC ASSIGNMENT Chidzvete- 011875220

Trust Academy requires software to administrator its student and staff details\records. The software is to be used by the Directors, Managers, Secretaries, Administrators and Lecturers of Trust Academy. Also incorporated in this software are security features that allow specific users to access specific information.

Below is a brief description of the design required by the institution. As a developer design and construct the administration software as per requirement.

LOGGING
The logon screen is shown below. A user title can be selected from a set of five. After picking a title the user is to then enter a password and click OK to continue or cancel to clear the text. The help is to invoke a message box that advices the user how to logon on. The developer is to come up with his/her own message box content.

On clicking the OK button the main menu appears as shown below.

Clicking on Students or Staff the program takes the user to a form(s) shown below, with the facilities shown on the command buttons.

Each button has a specific function and purpose and this is given overlap.
BUTTONS
Quick Find – The user on clicking the combo box should be able to pick a name from the list. After picking the name the user then clicks Find and the person’s details appear in the text boxes.
New – To add a new person’s details
Save – To save any new details and any changes made
Edit- To allow changes to be made to existing records
First – To take user to the first record
Last – To take user to the last record
< - To take user to the previous record
> - To take user to the next record
Delete – To delete a record. Before deleting the record the user should view a message box with a warning message on whether they are really sure of deleting the record.

Developer is to use Microsoft Access for creating the database.
Incorporate the following access levels
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Director – Full access to all records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Manager – Full access only to student’s records and no access to staff records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Secretary – Read only access to staff records and full access to student’s records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Lecturer – Read only access to students records and no access to staff records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Administrator – Full access to all records except director’s records

Design and construct an extra form that will show a student’s examination results. Full access should be given to Administrator only and the rest should have read only access. This design of this form must be done by the individual student without the assistance of the lecturer.

C.M.I.S VISUAL BASIC ASSIGNMENT Chidzvete- 011875220

Trust Academy requires software to administrator its student and staff details\records. The software is to be used by the Directors, Managers, Secretaries, Administrators and Lecturers of Trust Academy. Also incorporated in this software are security features that allow specific users to access specific information.

Below is a brief description of the design required by the institution. As a developer design and construct the administration software as per requirement.

LOGGING
The logon screen is shown below. A user title can be selected from a set of five. After picking a title the user is to then enter a password and click OK to continue or cancel to clear the text. The help is to invoke a message box that advices the user how to logon on. The developer is to come up with his/her own message box content.

On clicking the OK button the main menu appears as shown below.

Clicking on Students or Staff the program takes the user to a form(s) shown below, with the facilities shown on the command buttons.

Each button has a specific function and purpose and this is given overlap.
BUTTONS
Quick Find – The user on clicking the combo box should be able to pick a name from the list. After picking the name the user then clicks Find and the person’s details appear in the text boxes.
New – To add a new person’s details
Save – To save any new details and any changes made
Edit- To allow changes to be made to existing records
First – To take user to the first record
Last – To take user to the last record
< - To take user to the previous record
> - To take user to the next record
Delete – To delete a record. Before deleting the record the user should view a message box with a warning message on whether they are really sure of deleting the record.

Developer is to use Microsoft Access for creating the database.
Incorporate the following access levels
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Director – Full access to all records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Manager – Full access only to student’s records and no access to staff records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Secretary – Read only access to staff records and full access to student’s records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Lecturer – Read only access to students records and no access to staff records
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME~1/rrd/LOCALS~1/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG] Administrator – Full access to all records except director’s records

Design and construct an extra form that will show a student’s examination results. Full access should be given to Administrator only and the rest should have read only access. This design of this form must be done by the individual student without the assistance of the lecturer.

ok.. i understand ur assignement.. but in what art are you stuck in?

which part u didnt understand.... and where is the code?

I'm stuck in the part on the logging form where i'm supposed to create a database in Access that will hold passwords & usernames and give room to password alterations by the user.
I don't know the coding that will cause the VB to compare the password & username entered by the user with the ones in the databse(Access).

You will have a long way to go with such an assignment and if this is a problem for you
I guess you havent got a clue about coding.
No offense.

I guess you buy a book about Access first.
Or start with a small app in VB first.
Build serverall small apps to play and test with.
After that build a complete app. like the school project.

i can send u the segmented coding in where u stucked.just send me a notification mail.my email id is :
[email]snipped[/email]

hie

thanks choudhuryshouvi, but i finally made it in the whole program, i guess i was jus being lazy to think.

Now I have another school project in which i have to make a program for a car rental company that has 4 departments,ie,marketing,acounts,reservations and operations, but i hav no idea as to what kind of program i should make, so plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz if anyone could help me with ideas i would have somewhere to start from,pliz guyz

Make first a diagram for your project and dataflows of the current existing transactions.

Post your project planning, even DFD(if possible). Your project will become a heavy one. For this a lot of planning is required.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.