I recently started dabbling with Visual C++ Express Edition 2005. Was stuck at the very onset! LOL!
How to Create a console application using Visual C++ Express 2005 ??
I could create the project, included the files..did all.. build it nice and clean.. but how to run [ make ] the damn thing ?
Had me flustered!!
On to google and i found a nice video from the MSDN.
Many newbies face the same problem like me, I checked out various posts at various places.. facing the same problem.
So here is the link:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/visualc/aa445857.aspx

There are four videos on the page, the last one is
Create a Console Application from an Empty Project in Visual C++ Express (4 Minutes - 3.4 MB)

Hope this helps the newcomers... and ease their transition to the wonderfull IDE that is Visual C++ Express 2005 is.
Note: I also njoy working on Code::blocks too, just trying out VC++ ..
Regards
MiniGWeek

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

press :

CTRL + SHIFT + B to build it
CTRL + F5 to run it in release
F5 to run in debug

These are all in the drop downs on the IDE.

F7 to compile and F5 to run.

and while you are at it, grab the platform sdk (enables you to make non .net apps)

...Hope this helps the newcomers... and ease their transition to the wonderfull IDE that is Visual C++ Express 2005 is.
Note: I also njoy working on Code::blocks too, just trying out VC++ ..
Regards
MiniGWeek

If you want to compile and run Console mode application using VC++ 2005 Express Edition through the IDE, the following step-by-step tutorials may be useful... visualcplusdotnet

What I do to run the program is

Debug> Start without debuggin

or

Ctrl+F5

lol
Hey thanx 4 all giving me tips here, but I have already figured out how to do the compilation and running the codes at VC++ platform.
I just posted this thread to give the link to the wonderful video @ MSDN , and let others know how my problem was solved.
:D:D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.