Hi all.

I have been trying to teach myself a little opengl and I have the Visual C++ 2005 express edition. Now I am sure the the biggest problem is the express part, but I downloaded the windows SDK like another thread suggested. I also used the #pragma command (I know it is is bad practice) Well the linker works butit says that gl.h has syntax errors. So I am very confused. Here is just a simple program I made just to import the files.

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#define WIN32_EXTRA_LEAN
#pragma comment(lib,"opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib,"glu32.lib")

#include "C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v1.0\Include\gl\gl.h"
#include"C:\ProgramFiles\MicrosoftSDKs\Windows\v1.0\Include\gl\glu.h"

void main()
{
}

Yes I know I used a static include as well. I am merely trying to start a simple openGL. Again it says that gl.h has a syntax error on this line.

WINGDIAPI void APIENTRY glAccum (GLenum op, GLfloat value);

debugger says void should be followed by a ;

Any help or is Visual C++ 2005 Express incapable of actually programming openGL?

If this is a dumb question I am sorry but I am new to Graphical programming.

Cheers
BlackManta

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by iamthwee

Doean anyone have some code that will work with Visual Studio 2005 that uses the open gl libraries. I have the express version and I installed the SDK. Now it says the gl.h file has a syntax error

here is my current (very simple) code

#define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
#define WIN32_EXTRA_LEAN
#pragma comment(lib,"opengl32.lib")
#pragma comment(lib,"glu32.lib")

#include "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v1.0\Include\gl\gl.h"
#include "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v1.0\Include\gl\glu.h"

void main()
{
}

Any tips just to get started would be a REAL help. The only otehr option is using dev C++ and importing the appropriate libraries for that compiler.
Thanks all (Code snibbits are welcome as long as they work!)
cheers
BlackManta

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.