Does anyone out there happen to know much about Pydev? It's my preferred IDE (it's the only free IDE that received good reviews when I looked it up), but I'm getting frustrated trying to download some new modules and use them in it.

I downloaded and installed the module tkSnack, which should help me play sounds in Tkinter. It works great from the console. However, I just cannot get it to work from within Pydev. It will import without errors, but it doesn't have access to any of its functions. This is what I get when I print dir(tkSnack) :

['__builtins__', '__doc__', '__file__', '__name__', 'tkSnack']

Obviously, it's missing a few methods.

I've tried removing and re-adding the interpreter in Pydev, and adding a new folder to the library separately, but neither worked. Any ideas as to what to do next would be really appreciated.

10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by arsham

Since PyDEv is a plugin for a Java monster like Eclipse, you can expect a few side effects. The whole thing was simple too huge for my taste.

My friend
I used to work with eclipse , but didn't satisfy me...
After I worked with Zend Studio ( for PHP ) and WingIde ( for PYTHON ) , it made me learn faster.
IMO wingide is a good choice , understands a lot of new modules and develops fast.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.