Hey guys.,
I just want to know about the MVC pattern in java swing.

up to my knowledge i knew ...... Model is used for storing information like Scrollpane height=50 width=60 like that

and view is used to show the output view.. like how scrollpane looks like...

and controller is used to control the action events which we are going to perform in scrollpane.

but i want to know the seperate classes for each Model View and Controller...

I dont know how to point out class for each seperately....M V C

can any one help me out

thanks in advance
Vinod

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

if you don't know you should really pick up one of the many excellent books and other sources of information about design patterns and learn a bit.

I would tend to think of the Scrollpane as a View of a View anyway. The Viewport references a component that is a View of underlying data. (Maybe Scrollpane is considered a Decorator? I don't know)

I think a more clear example of MVC in the Swing components would be the JTable and TableModel relationship.

if you don't know you should really pick up one of the many excellent books and other sources of information about design patterns and learn a bit.

I know that, But my question is what is the class for view and what is the class for model and what is the class for controller in MVC pattern. I have referred somw materials but i couldnt get the details thats why i put a thread in this.

if anyone knows please explain it.

Check out this thread, it also has some links to more info...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.