Hello everyone,
I know it is quite a long time you have heard from me, dont mind that it was due to the programming and all other stuffs. I am just curious to know what happens next. I can now say i am a c++ programmer and i can write applications i want, i dont know what to do next, will i need a certification to get a job? and where do you think i can hook up a job online? I also have one question to ask. I want to know whether i can create a GUI with c++ or is it just console applications i can build? I shall be patiently waiting for someone who will help with these questions...... Please i know i still need to know lots more so, i am ready for any advice and i will welcome it as necessary....
Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Ancient Dragon

Of course you can crate GUI programs with c++. The entire MS-Windows api is written in C and C++. Also I bet the *nix GUI is also C/C++.

>> can now say i am a c++ programmer
Probably. Have you learned everything there is to learn? Definitely not. You will never stop learning.

>>will i need a certification to get a job
No, and certs are rarly even necessary. Into jobs only require bachelor's degree of equivalent experience. If you are really good at it you might want to consider getting a master's degree.

As Ancient Dragon said, there's always something you can learn to improve yourself

For example, another language, different ways of using the language(s) you currently know, design patterns, different libraries/APIs, problem analysis/design, algorithmics, learning other paradigms, machine code.. the list goes on.

Thanks guys, i really appreciate your concern, I was wondering may be i could go on and study JAVA or C# immmediately or i should wait and explore the world of c++ a little more? If you were me what would you do next?

OMG! Does your keyboard have problems?? Instead of making so many posts why don't you just hit the EDIT THIS POST button?

>>If you were me what would you do next?
I would get a girlfriend and go on an extended vacation :*

Comments
Flippant and irrelevant comment.
This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.