Can anyone please help me here?

the IpoptApplication.cpp and .hpp do exist, plus i have specified the ipopt.lib file path in the linker setting of the property page.
what is confusing is that, when lapack, asl, hsl and ipopt are compiled, each produces its own 'ipopt.lib' of a different size, and i am setting the lib path to the ipopt.lib of ipopt version, maybe that makes a difference? where are the lapack, asl hsl versions used? why r they created?

In brief this is a requirement for a scientific optimization library that links to visual c++ 2005 , (C++ code) and that can run on windows XP.
I tried to install Ip opt (interior point opt) but am getting linking
errors (LNK2019 error) even though the specified lib file is in the
linker path. Need advice on running any scientific optimizer that can interface to my C++ code. The main requirement is for an optimizer to perform cross correlation of histograms to perform image matching. Is there any other optimization library that can do this?

-----------------------------------------------------

Build Log
Build started: Project: cpp_example, Configuration: Debug|Win32

Command Lines
Creating temporary file "c:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\cpp_example\Debug\RSP00000139763152.rsp" with contents [ /OUT:"C:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\Debug\cpp_example.exe" /INCREMENTAL /LIBPATH:"C:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Lib\Ipopt.lib" /MANIFEST
/MANIFESTFILE:"Debug\cpp_example.exe.intermediate.manifest" /DEBUG /PDB:"c:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\debug\cpp_example.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /IMPLIB:"Ipopt.lib" /MACHINE:X86 kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib ".\Debug\cpp_example.obj" ".\Debug\MyNLP.obj" ".\Debug\stdafx.obj" ".\Debug\cpp_example.exe.embed.manifest.res" ] Creating command line "link.exe @"c:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\cpp_example\Debug\RSP00000139763152.rsp" /NOLOGO /ERRORREPORT:PROMPT"

Output Window
Linking... cpp_example.obj : error
LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: double __thiscall Ipopt::SolveStatistics::FinalObjective(void)const " (?FinalObjective@SolveStatistics@Ipopt@@QBENXZ) referenced in function _wmain cpp_example.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: int __thiscall Ipopt::SolveStatistics::IterationCount(void)const " (?IterationCount@SolveStatistics@Ipopt@@QBEHXZ) referenced in function _wmain cpp_example.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: class Ipopt::SmartPtr __thiscall Ipopt::IpoptApplication::Statistics(void)" (?Statistics@IpoptApplication@Ipopt@@QAE?AV?$SmartPtr@VSolveStatistics@Ipopt@@@2@XZ) referenced in function _wmain cpp_example.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: enum Ipopt::ApplicationReturnStatus __thiscall Ipopt::IpoptApplication::OptimizeTNLP(class Ipopt::SmartPtr const &)"
(?OptimizeTNLP@IpoptApplication@Ipopt@@QAE?AW4ApplicationReturnStatus@2@ABV?$SmartPtr@VTNLP@Ipopt@@@2@@Z) referenced in function _wmain cpp_example.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: enum Ipopt::ApplicationReturnStatus __thiscall Ipopt::IpoptApplication::Initialize(class std::basic_string,class std::allocator >)" (?Initialize@IpoptApplication@Ipopt@@QAE?AW4ApplicationReturnStatus@2@V?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) referenced in function _wmain cpp_example.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Ipopt::IpoptApplication::IpoptApplication(bool,bool)" (??0IpoptApplication@Ipopt@@QAE@_N0@Z) referenced in function _wmain C:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\Debug\cpp_example.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals

Results
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\cpp_example\Debug\BuildLog.htm" cpp_example - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------------

Help! Anyone!?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Here's an MSDN Link which has some common reason for LNK2019 link error.

Hi vishesh

Im grateful for your speedy response.

However, ive been through the MSDN link and checked all the common errors a few days ago, but it doesnt fix the problem.

I have a different question related to the above problem, i just noticed;

C:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\cpp_example\Debug
is the actual debug folder(containing .obj)

but the error appears for:
C:\Ipopt-3.3.2\Ipopt\examples\test\ex2\cpp_example\debug

dont know how why this debug folder is being buit and it only contains one file after building - 'cpp_example.pdb'

Any further suggestions to the problem?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.