Hi,

Using .NET, is there any way to create a dialog which allows the user to choose multiple directories by ticking them. The purpose is to scan the chosen directories for certain files.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Yes

Did I break daniweb etiquette or something?

Why you said that?

Hey!

I would like to pick up on that since I am trying to do something similar: Make it possible to select multiple folders and on "OK" I parse those folders for a certain file. .net (C#) doesn't seem to allow that out of the box.

So if that's possible, can somebody point out how?

Thanks a lot in advance!
dek

Yes

lol

It really depends on how you want to do it. If you just wanted to get a list of a single directory's directories, you could populate a CheckedListBox and then only process the items in the CheckedListBox that are checked. If you wanted to get more in-depth than that, you would want to look into a TreeView that allows checked nodes.

Plenty of code samples are available on the internet for populating a TreeView based on a directory structure:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&hs=6IJ&q=treeview+directory+structure+C%23&btnG=Search

see if that helps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.