Hello,
I am about to start a project for my company where I am going to make a module for the production planning of our factory.

Currently we are using excel to do this job which creates a lot of problems.
Please see the attached picture of the excel file.

I have chosen java as my server side programming language but I am not sure what front end i need to use. As you can see I need the user to move the box as per their need and the box will get updated once its been moved.

I was thinking of using flash as the front end. Please give suggestion for me to make the right choice.

Thanks,
Vishal

It depends on your skills...

The easiest way is just to go JSP...

But if you want to take it further you can use:
Pojos or EJB3 (business logic)
JSF (presentation)
Hibernate / JPA (persistance)

Hello,
I am still searching and reading on your suggestions but I am finding it difficult to find articles on JSF( presentation and JPA. Please give a linke or give the full name for me to search and study about it.

Thanks,
Vishal

hi she has asked abt moving the box,is it possible in jsp,it might not be ,i think going for appletes is best

indeed, the moving the box could be implemented using an applet. Or ajax...

JPA: Java Persistence Api

Hi,
i have decided to use flex+flash as front end as it provides a very good user interace and java as my application server.

Thanks,
Vishal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.