Hi,
I'm a beginner, so please forgive my inadequate knowledge.
I'm am trying to write a program that searches one file for specific words and their replacements found in another file. As of yet, all I have is a program that opens my files and counts the words in them. I think I need to put the words in a string array in order to search through them, but I don't know how to do this. If someone could help get me started on this part, I can play around with the rest of the program and hopefully have some luck.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

show us the code you have written so far. Do you know how to use vector class? That is the easiest array to use. You can make a vector of string objects

std::vector<std::string> theArray;

This is what I have so far, like I said, basically all it does is open the files and counts the words.

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <fstream>
using namespace std;

int main () {

ifstream potterfile, keywordfile;
ofstream corrected;
string word, text, file[300];
int count;

count = 0;

//Open Potter text file, check if open
potterfile.open("potter.txt");
if (!potterfile.is_open()){
	cout << "Error, could not open the file" << endl;
	return -1;
}
//Count words in Potter text file
potterfile>>word;
while (!potterfile.eof()){
	count = count + 1;
	potterfile >> word;
}
cout <<"The number of words in the file is:" << count << endl;

//Open Keyword file check if open
keywordfile.open("keyword.txt");
if (!keywordfile.is_open()){
	cout << "Error, could not open the file" << endl;
	return -1;
}

return 0;

}

I am not familiar with the vector class string, but if you could elaborate on it a little I may be able to figure it out.
Thanks

I am not familiar with the vector class string, but if you could elaborate on it a little I may be able to figure it out.
Thanks

See these code snippets.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.