I need the comctl32.lib library for some stuff I'm doing in the windows api, but I don't want to download the SDK from Microsoft because it's to big. Where else can I get it?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

>Where else can I get it?
You might be able to find it somewhere with google, but I'm willing to bet that the dependencies will kick your ass. It's a much better idea to just bite the bullet and download the SDK.

You might be able to find it somewhere with google, but I'm willing to bet that the dependencies will kick your ass. It's a much better idea to just bite the bullet and download the SDK.

The reason I'm asking is that I have dialup internet (highspeed isn't avalible in my area:( ) and it will take hours to download. I guess I'll try and get someone with highspeed to download it for me. Thanks for the reply Narue I didn't think about the dependencies.

Do you have a memory stick of some kind? Could you download it in an internet cafe or something and transfer it to your computer at home? Or, as you suggested, a friend? College? Work? School?

I think you can also order the SDK on CD at nominal cost, probably $5 to $10.

I tried that but the form kept saying that I hadn't filled in all the fields even though I had and I couldn't get it to work.

I just tried it and got all the way to the end where it asked for credit card info, then I stopped because it would have cost $8+ for USP

Thanks they must hve fixed it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.