hi there my c++ programs are not running an error message is coming that tv.lib not found but i have checked that this lib file is there along with other file in the path that i have specified in directories path option ... can anyone help me.....

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It sounds like you aren't actually linking with the library when you build your program. Why don't you describe exactly how you're compiling and linking the program? Oh, also mention your OS and compiler.

that this lib file is there along with other file in the path that i have specified in directories path option

If you mean the PATH environment variable then that is incorrect. The compilers I have used from the command-line all use the -L option to specify path to libraries or LIB environment variable.

If you are using an IDE then we need to know which one because they all do things a little differently.

Or add it to LD_LIBRARY_PATH

It sounds like you aren't actually linking with the library when you build your program. Why don't you describe exactly how you're compiling and linking the program? Oh, also mention your OS and compiler.

i am using turbo c++ 3.0 and my os is win xp and i am using the tc ++ ide . my program is getting compiled but when i run it the linker generates that error ...
but i have also checked on other system this file is not available even there but there no such linking error is generated...

Check the paths in the project settings, and add to the linker search path the location where that library is stored.

> i am using turbo c++ 3.0 and my os is win xp
So when were you planning to join this millennium?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.