where i can find a complete source code XRCed?? thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I'm not sure what exactly it is that you want.

XRC is a file format used by wxWidgets programs to store the layout and arrangement of buttons and other widgets on a form. A program that uses wxWidgets can create a form using this resource format.

The file is an XML file. There shouldn't be any code in it at all.

Could you be more specific as to what you are trying to do?

acctualy i want save my lot of picture to xml and i find a same fiture in xrc,and now how to save picture(bmp) to xml thanks

Ah, well, I would suggest googling "XRC editor" and checking out SourceForge. There are a number of open source XRC editors available.

You should be aware, though, that XML isn't a picture file format. If you save a BMP in an XRC file it is still a BMP, just mime-encoded so that it can be handled as text. What that does, actually, is increase the size of your BMP file...

If you still want to do it, maybe it would be easier just to use one of those editors to add your BMP to a form, save it, then with a text editor just copy out the part with the saved image?

However you decide to do this, good luck.

I'm not sure what exactly it is that you want.

XRC is a file format used by wxWidgets programs to store the layout and arrangement of buttons and other widgets on a form. A program that uses wxWidgets can create a form using this resource format.

The file is an XML file. There shouldn't be any code in it at all.

Could you be more specific as to what you are trying to do?

I may have a similar issue. I am new to programming. I used DialogBlock to create a window with frames, buttons, etc. DialogBlock gives you the option to generate a code--and this is where the confusion comes into play. It looks as if the coding is either XRC or XML--I don't know enough to distinguish. The question is what to do with this code once I've obtained it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.