Sorry I first posted this question on on the tech talk portion....

I'm using crystal report and vb6. I posted a thread two days ago regarding changing the connection properties of the crystal report in vb6. I found a way by using :

crxReport.Databases.SetDataSource rsReport

but I'm having an exception report : "The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x77e55e02"
The report shows for some time but after opening several reports the error message occurs.

This is my scenario:
"I'm using a udl for my connection. I have two databases namely TK and TK_MCC. TK is for other company and TK_MCC is for the subsidiary company. I used TK database when I created the crystal report. I used the setdatasource to pass the recordset to change the datasource location of the crystal report. So even if they change the database TK to TK_MCC they can still access the report. But when I did the setdatasource there was an exception report. (The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x77e55e02)"

Before it was working fine when I don't have to change the database.

By the way, i tried it also in another computer (just installed the program) but the error message was different. The other error was error28 out of stack space.

Can someone help me on this...
Thank you very much.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Sorry I first posted this question on on the tech talk portion....

I'm using crystal report and vb6. I posted a thread two days ago regarding changing the connection properties of the crystal report in vb6. I found a way by using :

crxReport.Databases.SetDataSource rsReport

but I'm having an exception report : "The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x77e55e02"
The report shows for some time but after opening several reports the error message occurs.

This is my scenario:
"I'm using a udl for my connection. I have two databases namely TK and TK_MCC. TK is for other company and TK_MCC is for the subsidiary company. I used TK database when I created the crystal report. I used the setdatasource to pass the recordset to change the datasource location of the crystal report. So even if they change the database TK to TK_MCC they can still access the report. But when I did the setdatasource there was an exception report. (The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x77e55e02)"

Before it was working fine when I don't have to change the database.

By the way, i tried it also in another computer (just installed the program) but the error message was different. The other error was error28 out of stack space.

Can someone help me on this...
Thank you very much.

How did you solve this problem? I got an almost same error message at the line of
"reportName.database.setDataSource rs (recordset name).

My error message is:
The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b.

helo there, your connecting ur report right?

hope this will help u

1st: go to components and check the
crystal report control

2nd: put a command button
and paste this codes

With CrystalReport1
Screen.MousePointer = vbHourglass
.WindowBorderStyle = crptFixedSingle
.WindowState = crptMaximized
.WindowTitle = "Users"
.ReportFileName = App.Path & "\Reports\your crytal report file.rpt"
.WindowShowRefreshBtn = True
.DiscardSavedData = False
.Destination = crptToWindow
.Action = 1
Screen.MousePointer = vbDefault

End With

helo there, your connecting ur report right?

hope this will help u

1st: go to components and check the
crystal report control

2nd: put a command button
and paste this codes

Thank you very much for the reply. I fixed the problem by getting rid of ttx file and store the data set (a couple records only) in a memory field to write to a text object field in Crystal Reports form.

But this error happens (sporadically) to all my reports that use field definition file for the dataset for the report. And the error all happens at the line:
reportName.database.setdatasource recordsetName

All the reports have been running for many years without problems. Why does this happen now? Is this because of some dll thing?

Thanks.

Wen

Hi,
Have you got any answer the your problem. I am also facing the same problem.

"The exception unknown software exception (0xe0434f4d) occurred in the application at location 0x7c812a5b" is not occuring every time. Only few time, this message occurs.

Some clarification points needed regarding ur requirement.

Can u plz tell the version of Crystal Reports which u r using?

What is the Database and its version. Is it MS Access, if yes, which version.

To view the report are u using Crystal Report ActiveX Control or CRViewer?

Regards
Shaik Akthar

Thanks Akthar,

I am using VB6.0 Crystal Report 9.0 and DB2 Connect to connect Mainframe DB2 database.
Report is developed using TTX file. CRViewer9 control is used to see the report. Till now none of the users got this error. Only one user is getting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.