Hi. I wanted to create a "locking" program that stores information needed for another exe. When the person enters all the information needed and the file that he/she wants to "lock", the exe file will create another exe file that stores all the information being typed previously and also the file. When the user double click on the exe, the exe will need the user to enter the required information before it lets the user use the file.

How can I let the exe file create another exe which has a file in it?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi. I wanted to create a "locking" program that stores information needed for another exe. When the person enters all the information needed and the file that he/she wants to "lock", the exe file will create another exe file that stores all the information being typed previously and also the file. When the user double click on the exe, the exe will need the user to enter the required information before it lets the user use the file.

How can I let the exe file create another exe which has a file in it?

Want not just use a database to store the information??

I understand. But I need to create another exe which has a file in it so that I can implement my "locking" program. So u know how can I create another exe using my existing exe?

hmm seems more trouble then its worth. i must agree with subtronic with this one why not just create an array within the program that has names and passwords in it and then have the person enter the data and it saves the data within the array in the program itself. sry though i have no answer to your question but i really do think its easier to add the info in the program itself

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.