C:\Java>javac Assign6.java
Assign6.java:5: cannot find symbol
symbol : class Change
Change aSmall = new Change(bill);
^
Assign6.java:5: cannot find symbol
symbol : class Change
Change aSmall = new Change(bill);

I can't figure out what the program does not like I seem to have problems like this in some of my other programs where the compiler doesn't recognize reserved words such as " iquote()" Could the problem be the compiler can't find the reserved words much like you have to set the PATH variable? This might all be a stupid question but I'm not all that familiar with Java in the first place.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

This deffenetly is not compiler error. It is the code writter/author error! You telling to your program to use a class called Change but is it implemented somewhere? I do not see it :|

what's "Change"? That's not a class from the standard libraries, so you need to have it somewhere yourself.
And that's what the compiler is telling you, that you're referring to something it doesn't know about.

What is change????????
your Change class must be in same class Assign6 or if u have define in other class then use package to import that class

What is change????????
your Change class must be in same class Assign6 or if u have define in other class then use package to import that class

Not that you are 4th person to mention, why bother to read previous posts hmm, waste of time isn't it...

Bull shit man if u got idea then set to flag as solved .........
You are westing ur time and my time also

commented: chill out and listen when you're being talked to. -2

you still don't understand? You're only the fourth person presenting the exact same answer. Neither OP nor you seems interested in reading responses.
And you've quite a bad atttitude, cool it down a bit.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.